CHANGING YOUR PERSPECTIVE, 2.

 



The first job I got after my first degree was in a healthcare company, it was my dream industry but, it wasn’t my dream position. My job was to manage the social media pages and the websites. When I got the opportunity to go for my postgraduate degree, I happily resigned because it wasn’t a normal job after all. A colleague asked me what I will do after graduation and being that I have always wanted a flexible lecturing/public speaking kind of job that will give me time to build a business; I said, “I will get a teaching or lecturing job.”

A teaching job would have been a normal job, but I was already indirectly in a teaching job; I was writing and sharing knowledge on social media and I was creating and editing websites, using skills I learned as pastime. I had a friend who was doing the same thing on his own at that time; I watched him turn it into a great business over the years.

Stop seeking the usual. Things must not be the way they use to be. Look for opportunities to express you in new ways. Stop limiting yourself because of the way you think. Learn to expand your horizon in the following ways:

1.   Be different: it’s okay to be different. We try so hard to conform to the norm and this has left us all on the same level. Being different is what distinguishes you. It’s so funny how we seek excellence but reject the same thing that will make us excel. Nobody excels by being like everyone else. Don’t be afraid of what others will say. Don’t try to explain your reasons to everybody. You don’t owe then an explanation.

 

When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free. Charles Evans Hughes

 

2.   Be all you can possibly be: go for your dreams and aspirations. There are more than a thousand things to do in life but, your heart keeps yearning for a few. Why do you deny yourself the opportunity to live to the fullest? You can be all you want to be. You alone can be your limitation.

“By changing—we become what we always wanted to be.”
Debasish Mridha

3.   Be dynamic: things must not be the way you planned. Be open to new ideas. Don’t dismiss every suggestion you are not used to with a wave of the hand. Nothing is too common. You can make something great out of nothing.

 

“Think proactively and dynamically. Be realistic, but set your sights high.”
Lorii Myers

 

4.   Look beyond your present reality: you must not end up like someone you know. You must not become what everyone around you knows about. God has given you the ability to create. You can choose magnificent ideas and work until they manifest in reality. As long as you can conceive an idea in your mind, you can achieve it, if you believe. Your faith determines what happens to you.

 Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1 (NLT)

 

KAYCEE 


See Part 1 of changing you perspective

See How to go from something to nothing

See How to get people to give you money 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency