What do you do to get your mind off worries?

Arthur Sulzberger, publisher (1935-1961), of one of the most famous newspaper in the world, The New York Times, so worried about the future during second world war, that he found it almost impossible to sleep. He would frequently get out of bed in the middle of the night, take some canvas and tubes of paint, look in the mirror, and try to paint a portrait of himself. He didn't know anything about painting, but he painted anyway, to get his mind off his worries. Mr Sulzberger was never able to banish his worries and find peace until he adopted as his motto five words from a church hymn: one step enough for me.

(the hymn)
 1.  Lead, kindly light, amid the encircling gloom,
lead thou me on;
the night is dark, and I am far from home;
lead thou me on.
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
the distant scene; one step enough for me.

2.  I was not ever thus, nor prayed that thou
shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
lead thou me on.
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
pride ruled my will: remember not past years.

3.  So long thy power hath blest me, sure it still
will lead me on,
o'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
the night is gone,
and with the morn those angel faces smile,
which I have loved long since, and lost awhile.

 
Talking to God about my worries is one method that has always worked for me. Sometimes we become overwhelmed with worries that we forget to pray. But each time i remember that instead of spending time thinking and worrying, i can do something more profitable like prayer, i feel so much better and i think it can help you too.

You will love these videos👉Check them out👇https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf9OSsMGcs0bgGCrNrq8U4g

Comments

  1. I think am gaining more by the information i got from each posts.
    I was able to subdue the spirit of fear that enveloped my entire being from the sad news i received yesterday. When aanxiety wanted to take charge, i said to myself no, my God is able to handle the case.
    I prayed over it. This morning again, i prayed earnestly about it. Lo and behold, the fear is gone.
    All i hear "It's settled "


    Lesson
    1) In every worry, talk to God in prayer.
    2) Avoid being overwhelmed with worries so that you won't forget to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your comment is really encouraging. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesson
    Talking to God also works for me and then practice staying my mind on him afterwards.

    "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with prayers and supplications, let your cares be made known to God."

    Thanks so much for this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency