THE MIND, INFLUENCE AND SUGGESTIONS

 

You were born empty of knowledge, but your learned quickly; from how to eat to how to talk. Everything happened so fast that everyone actually forgot you weren’t born with these things.

You became what you learned. You have learned to be kind, so now YOU ARE kind. You have learned to greet, so now YOU ARE respectful. You see the way things are done in your environment so you copy that. After a while, you became more mature and you started asking questions, you started examining and observing things, you also started imagining things. Then you started asking a lot of questions. This is the point where you need to be careful of suggestions.

The mind has its own way of analyzing information; it accepts suggestions and then scrutinizes it based on the knowledge it has stored previously. When someone told me I would make a good teacher, I thought about it and I looked at the fact that my parents were actually good teachers; so I accepted the possibility that I would be a good teacher. When someone criticized a graphic design I made, I thought about it and looked at the fact that I was never good in fine arts; so I accepted the possibility that I would never be a good graphic designer.

The level at which the mind analyzes a suggestion is dependent on who suggested it. That is why top brands use your favourite celebrities to suggest their products to you. Even when we know these celebrities could not possibly be using all these products, our mind chooses to be influence by them and we like whatever they like.

Basically we function based on what we know and what we do not know. As a parent, I want my children to know they can be great at whatever they choose to be. I want my children to know they are valuable and full of abilities which they should be confident about. I want my children to know that they don’t have to worry or lose hope because God is mindful of them. I hope everyone who also has an influence on them (teachers, aunties, uncles, etc) will teach them the same. I won’t fight with anyone for beating my child, but I will fight with anyone who tries to fill their mind with bullshit.

A time will come when our children will choose who influences them, but until then, let us fill them with so much knowledge. Let them know what is right, lovely, pure, admirable, praise worthy, and excellent; so that when they think about suggestions, their mind will scrutinize it based on the knowledge we filled them with when we where their chief influencers.

I have a gift for you. It is a book that helps you renew your mind affirming what God says about you. Use the link below to download a free copy.

FRUIT OF CHANGE

 See other books by Kaycee Bliss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency