SOMEONE TAUGHT SOLOMON THE IMPORTANCE OF WISDOM. FATHERS TAKE NOTE.

WHO TAUGHT SOLOMON THE IMPORTANCE OF WISDOM?

King Solomon was the wisest king who ever lived. After Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings to the Lord, God visited him and asked, “what shall I give to you?”

And Solomon said to God: “You have shown great mercy to David my father, and have made me king in his place. Now, O Lord God, let Your promise to David my father be established, for You have made me king over a people like the dust of the earth in multitude. Now give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people; for who can judge this great people of Yours?”

Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life—but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king— wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like.” 2Chronicles 1:8-12

We all applaud Solomon’s decision to ask for wisdom instead of riches or fame, but we forget to applaud the one he learned it from­­­­­­­­­- King David. Solomon said in Proverbs 4:3-9;

When I was my father’s son,
Tender and the only one in the sight of my mother,
 He also taught me, and said to me:
“Let your heart retain my words;
Keep my commands, and live.
 Get wisdom! Get understanding!

Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth.
Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you;
Love her, and she will keep you.
 Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding.
 Exalt her, and she will promote you;
She will bring you honor, when you embrace her.
She will place on your head an ornament of grace;
A crown of glory she will deliver to you.”

WHAT DO YOU TEACH YOUR CHILD?


As a father, is there anything your children will say they learned from you when you are gone? Most men consider it the woman’s job to teach and nurture the child; but looking at Solomon’s life, we can see that it was his father David who had a greater impact in his life. David taught him a lot of lessons even with his own life mistakes. If you read the book of Proverbs, you will see so many places where he was warned against adultery and told that many are the victims it has brought down.

Teaching a child is not easy. It requires patience and consistency. David did not teach Solomon the importance of wisdom in one day. It must have been an everyday discussion. These days, how many Fathers come home early enough to spend time with their children? If we want to raise wise children, we will be ready to put in the work because nothing good comes easy.

JESUS IS WISDOM


In John 1:1-5, Jesus was explained thus;

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

In Proverbs 8:23-31, Wisdom was explained thus:

I have been established from everlasting,
From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
 When there were no depths I was brought forth,

When there were no fountains abounding with water.
 Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;
 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.
When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
 Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
And my delight was with the sons of men.

Wisdom is the principal thing and if you desire it, ask God who gives to all liberally and it will be given to you. We know that we can’t get anything, if we do not first believe. Invite Jesus into your life, have faith in him and you will receive that which you desire.

KAYCEE


You will love these videos👉Check them out👇https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf9OSsMGcs0bgGCrNrq8U4g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency