What are you willing to sacrifice?


 

 I live to learn. I learn from people, books, messages, music, movies, nature, etc; and when I learn I share. I do not share because I think I am wiser than others. I am aware that others may have already learned these lessons before me, but I am passionate about sharing. It gives me joy when I transfer my thoughts into something someone can read or listen to. I willingly sacrifice a little sleep, TV, and gist times to read, write or make a video for my YouTube Channel. You can see some of the videos using the following link: Life lessons with Kaycee

The question I have for you now is, what are you willing to sacrifice to live your passion? There is no getting without giving. Maybe what you need to sacrifice to get what you want is your pride, maybe it's your entitlement, or your attitude. Below are examples of people who made sacrifices to achieve their purpose. 

1. Ruth: she was resolute about following her mother in law and making Naomi's people and God her own too. When her sister in law Orpah realized what's to be sacrificed, she went back. But Ruth after hearing that there is no hope of getting married again or having children if she continued following Naomi, still insisted and followed. At the end she didn't only get what she wanted, but she became one of the women in the genealogy of Jesus.

Ruth 1:16-18

 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her. 

2.  Peter: Peter was a Professional fisherman, but on this fateful day, he wasn't able to catch any fish. He made the great sacrifice of lending his boat to Jesus when he was supposed to be angry about not catching any fish. Then Jesus asked him to let down his nets for some fish; this would have angered him the more, but he sacrificed his pride and professionalism to obey Jesus. He ended up catching more fishes than he needed and also became a fisher of men.

Luke 5:1-11

While Jesus was standing by the lake of Gennesaret, many people pushed to get near Him. They wanted to hear the Word of God. Jesus saw two boats on the shore. The fishermen were not there because they were washing their nets. Jesus got into a boat which belonged to Simon. Jesus asked him to push it out a little way from land. Then He sat down and taught the people from the boat. When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Push out into the deep water. Let down your nets for some fish.” Simon said to Him, “Teacher, we have worked all night and we have caught nothing. But because You told me to, I will let the net down.” When they had done this, they caught so many fish, their net started to break. They called to their friends working in the other boat to come and help them. They came and both boats were so full of fish they began to sink.

3. King Mesha:The King of Israel formed an alliance with the King of Edom and the King of Judah to fight against Moab. When the battle became so fierce against Moab, Mesha; the King of Moab sacrificed his oldest son who would have become King after him and the battle ended.

2Kings 3:24-27

 But when the Moabites came to the camp of Israel, the Israelites rose up and fought them until they fled. And the Israelites invaded the land and slaughtered the Moabites. They destroyed the towns, and each man threw a stone on every good field until it was covered. They stopped up all the springs and cut down every good tree. Only Kir Hareseth was left with its stones in place, but men armed with slings surrounded it and attacked it.

When the king of Moab saw that the battle had gone against him, he took with him seven hundred swordsmen to break through to the king of Edom, but they failed. Then he took his firstborn son, who was to succeed him as king, and offered him as a sacrifice on the city wall. The fury against Israel was great; they withdrew and returned to their own land.

 You do not have because you do not give. KAYCEE

 See this video about passion and purpose-click the link: It's Important you Live your Passion


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency