WHY WE FAIL

 



When I do something with difficulty and discover there are better ways to go about it, I do not hesitate to share with anyone who is willing to listen. I see a lot of people start something and in less than a year, they give up and quit. I have been there myself, I understand the struggle and I believe you can learn one or two things that will be of help. The following are some of the reasons why people fail:

1.   Lack of concentrated effort: I see people try to be and do a lot of things at the same time. When I first started my business, I had about three areas I wanted to meet needs; IT, education and personal care. Looking at those three areas, you will see they are in no way related and required separate efforts to power them. The best thing would have been to choose an industry and focus all my energy on it.

Trying to be a jack of all trade will make you a master of none. In the business world, a lot of people have what you have, but what will make you outstanding is being a master of your trade.

2.   Lack of a well defined purpose: your purpose is your drive. If you check very well, you will see that every decision you have made in your life so far was to help you achieve your purpose. If you clearly define this purpose, it will help you choose where to concentrate your efforts on.

3.   Lack of ambition to aim above mediocrity: I remember sharing my dream with someone and she asked why I am not pursuing it; I told her I don’t have what it takes to do that. She said I was just not ambitious enough and I was like, “if only she knows how I have tried.” The truth is that we have wonderful ideas, but these ideas won’t work until we are ready to get up and get stressed. We give up once we are faced with difficulties and we decide to settle in mediocrity.

4.   Lack of persistence: perseverance brings success. We are always willing to give up and run. I once started a business and changed my mind about six times in six months. I wasn’t seeing how what I was doing will work out, so I kept changing the plan. The truth is that there is a higher tendency of giving up if you keep trying to see the whole picture. Focus on doing what you can one day at a time. When  you persist till the end, you will see how the entire thing will get out of your hands and grow bigger than you imagined.

5.   Lack of gratitude: gratitude changes you focus from what you lack to what you have. When you focus on what you have, your thoughts will dwell on how to make the most of what you have. And the more your attention is fixed on the right thoughts, the more things become right. I have looked at all the things I complained about in life and have discovered that these were things I should have been grateful for.

6.   Lack of a well defined power of decision: when you make decisions, there is the tendency that you will forget why you made that decision in the first place. It is important you write down your decisions to avoid going back to your vomit. If you find it difficult to make up your mind but very easy to change your mind, you will always have the problem of instability. Instability brings restlessness, which in turn brings anxiety and it is a very difficult place to be. I have learned that the best way to fight anxiety and enjoy peace is to trust God with the situation. That is why Philippians 4: 6-7 are my favourite bible verses.

 

Philippians 4: 6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 

Isaiah 26:3

You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.

 

Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

 

KAYCEE

You will love these videos👉Check them out👇https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf9OSsMGcs0bgGCrNrq8U4g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency