The grass looks greener on the other side: the industrial training experience


 

In my third year in college, going for industrial training for six months was part of the requirements. You must choose a place to put into practice some of the things you have learned in school, though in reality, you are going to learn from scratch because you have not been thought anything worth applying. 

My class mates already had plans before we entered third year. Most of them got places where they will be paid during the short internship. My best friend even got two places but it was in another state so there was no option of going with her.

After much search in my most preferred places, I decided to settle for the only available option which was the option of Medical Laboratory. I am not sure I really tried hard to get the other options before I settled for the available option. When I settled for the option of interning in a medical laboratory, I was left with so many options because medical laboratories are everywhere.

So as usual, instead of choosing the one I can trek to from my house, I choose the one in another town where I had to live with a family friend for the duration of six months. I thought it was a great option because the medical laboratory was in a hospital, so we always had tests to carry out and I learned a lot. But when I realized I would have gotten the same value from a Lab close to my home was when I finished the internship.

I was told I wouldn't be paid for the entire duration of six months because I was learning for free, but normally, at the end of the internship, the owner of the establishment usually gives a token to the intern as they go back to school. Lo and behold, I got nothing from the doctor who was also the owner of the establishment; except for one day that he was passing by the lab section, he saw me resting my head on the table and he gave me a slap, thinking I was sleeping. I sincerely wasn't sleeping but that was all I got from him anyway.

I do not have any regrets because I learned a lot of things from the family I lived with and I got lots of love from my supervisors at work. But the truth remains that I would have enjoyed more comfort if I didn't choose to go for what appears like a greener pasture.


@kaycee_bliss

Next, I will share "the career switch experience"

Use the link below to see my latest videos:

Being on the same frequency with the things you desire 

Being on the same frequency with the things you desire 2

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency