The grass looks greener on the other side: the career switch


 

 I developed interest in Information Technology and immediately I graduated from the university, I started acquiring the necessary knowledge. I went to a computer school. This really paid me because, when I went for National Youth Service, I got a place to served based on the IT skill I have, not based on the course I studied in school. Afterwards I got a job as an IT Officer, but at a time I became restless and started feeling it's better to go back to my course of study. I felt I will have a better career path if I was to go back.

There is this wonderful school in front of my office, I will look out from my office window and imagine how fulfilling it will be to be in that environment. That was how I decided to switch back to my 'would-have-been-career.'

I gave it three years of my life. I learned a lot of lessons but, I have finally switched back to the IT field I came out from. The experience I got in those three years are so relevant in my life that I don't wish to trade it for anything. I passed through both the good (meeting people, learning more, making impact) and the bad (humiliation, anxiety, stress). I want to believe I have burned the bridges and done a permanent switch because to achieve stability in career or business, one needs to focus in an industry until you are known for it by all and sundry. You can't grow in an area until you focus on that area with everything in you, giving it your all and avoiding all forms of distractions.

The best way to focus and avoid distractions is to stop looking at the grasses on the other side and focus on making your own grass better. I am grateful for the clarity and the peace of mind that comes with it.

See the part 1 The grass looks greener on the other side: the science school experience 

See the part 2 The grass looks greener on the other side: the industrial training experience 


You will love these videos👉Check them out👇https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf9OSsMGcs0bgGCrNrq8U4g

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SCHOOL OF BLISS part 1

WHY YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED WHAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR

Do you put off living in the present to worry about the future or the past?

Changing your perspective, 1.

You can overtake chariots

30 things Life taught me

What is your drive?

DO YOU THINK MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE OR ABOUT WHAT YOU LACK?

CAN YOU BE ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU THINK?

The Mistake of Inconsistency